Research programme: antibacterials - GlaxoSmithKline/Paratek PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Antibacterials research programme: GlaxoSmithKline/Paratek Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 09 Oct 2002
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; Paratek Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Oct 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in USA (Transurethral)
- 08 Aug 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 23 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline