Research programme: bFGF receptor antagonists - Praecis
Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator Praecis Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Fibroblast growth factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2007 Praecis Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by GlaxoSmithKline
- 30 Aug 2002 This programme is still in active development
- 16 Aug 1999 Preclinical development for Prostate cancer in USA (Unknown route)