At a glance
- Originator Nihon Schering
- Class Antipsychotics
- Mechanism of Action Sigma-1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Schizophrenia
Most Recent Events
- 27 Mar 2000 Mitsui Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Schering AG
- 18 Aug 1999 Preclinical development for Schizophrenia in Japan (PO)