Latest Information Update: 27 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator Cephalon; LEO Pharma
- Developer LEO Pharma
- Class Neuroprotectants; Vitamins
- Mechanism of Action Brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression stimulants; Nerve growth factor stimulants; Neuron stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neurological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 Aug 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neurological disorders in Denmark (unspecified route)
- 25 Jul 2001 This compound is still in active development
- 25 Aug 1999 Preclinical development for Neurological disorders in Denmark (Unknown route)