At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antithrombotics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Factor Xa inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Thrombosis
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jan 2004 No development reported - Phase-I for Thrombosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 11 Feb 2003 Data presented at the 75th Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association [11/02] have been added to the pharmacokinetics and Thromboses pharmacodynamics sections
- 25 Sep 2001 This compound is still in active development