Research programme: viral infection therapeutics - GlaxoSmithKline/Cardiff University
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Cardiff University; GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 26 Aug 1999 Preclinical development for Viral infections in United Kingdom (unspecified route)