Respiratory syncytial virus vaccine - sanofi pasteur
Latest Information Update: 18 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator sanofi pasteur
- Class Respiratory syncytial virus vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Respiratory syncytial virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jan 2005 Aventis Pasteur is now called sanofi pasteur
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 21 May 2003 This vaccine is still in active development with Aventis Pasteur