Calcitonin dermal - PowderJectAlternative Names: PowderJect Calcitonin; Salmon calcitonin dermal - PowderJect
Latest Information Update: 16 Jan 2002
At a glance
- Originator PowderJect Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihypercalcaemics; Calcium regulators; Neuropeptides; Osteoporosis therapies; Peptide hormones
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jan 2002 No-Development-Reported for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in United Kingdom (Transdermal)
- 30 Aug 1999 Phase-I clinical trials for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in United Kingdom (Transdermal)