SonedenosonAlternative Names: MRE-0094
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator New York University
- Developer King Pharmaceuticals Research and Development
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Purine nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A2 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic foot ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 26 Feb 2008 Sonedenoson is still in Phase II trials for wound healing in the United States
- 08 Sep 2005 Phase-II clinical trials in Diabetic foot ulcer in USA (Topical)
- 15 Jan 2004 King Pharmaceuticals has completed initial dosing in an ongoing phase I trial of topical MRE 0094 for diabetic neuropathic foot ulcers.