At a glance
- Originator Tanabe Seiyaku
- Developer Pharmacia Corporation; Tanabe Seiyaku
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiallergics
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 05 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 16 Sep 1999 Preclinical development for Inflammation in USA (Unknown route)