PD 188669Alternative Names: PD188669
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer; Purdue Pharma
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jun 2000 Warner-Lambert has merged with Pfizer
- 16 Nov 1999 CoCensys has been acquired by Purdue Pharma
- 16 Sep 1999 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in USA (unspecified route)