HIV gp120 vaccine - Chiron
Latest Information Update: 15 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Chiron Vaccines
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jun 2000 A clinical study in children born to HIV-positive mothers has been added to the Viral Infections immunogenicity section
- 18 May 2000 A additional analysis of study has been added to the Viral Infections immunogenicity section
- 21 Mar 2000 A phase I/II study has been added to the adverse events section and the Viral Infections immunogenicity section