Research programme: selective estrogen receptor modulators - Ligand/PfizerAlternative Names: Research programme: SERMs - Ligand/Pfizer; Selective estrogen receptor modulators - Abbot/Pfizer; SERMs research programme - Ligand/Pfizer
Latest Information Update: 07 Feb 2001
At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals; Pfizer
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Selective estrogen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Breast cancer; Menopausal syndrome; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Breast cancer treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Menopausal syndrome in USA (Unknown route)
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Breast cancer prevention in USA (Unknown route)