Research programme: antibacterials - Kosan/Johnson & JohnsonAlternative Names: JNJ 17156581; JNJ 17156815
Latest Information Update: 25 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development; Kosan Biosciences
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 26 Oct 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 30 Sep 2003 Data presented at the 43rd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC-2003) have been added to the Bacterial Infections antimicrobial activity and pharmacodynamics sections
- 14 Jan 2003 This collaboration between Kosan Biosciences, Johnson & Johnson Research & Development and Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical has been extended until 28 December 2003