Norwalk virus edible vaccine - Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Latest Information Update: 19 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
- Class Viral vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Norwalk virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Sep 2000 The Boyce Thompson Institute is seeking a corporate partner for continued development of the edible Norwalk virus vaccine (http://bti.cornell.edu/)
- 28 Aug 2000 A phase I trial has been added to the adverse events section and the Viral Infections immunogenicity section
- 21 Jun 2000 Phase-I clinical trials for Norwalk virus infections in USA (PO)