At a glance
- Originator Nihon Schering
- Class Anti-ischaemics
- Mechanism of Action Sodium hydrogen antiporter inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Myocardial infarction; Reperfusion injury
Most Recent Events
- 27 Mar 2000 Mitsui Pharmaceuticals has been acquired by Schering AG
- 27 Sep 1999 Preclinical development for Reperfusion injury in Japan (Unknown route)
- 27 Sep 1999 Preclinical development for Myocardial infarction in Japan (Unknown route)