NO-tissue plasminogen activatorAlternative Names: NO-tPA
Latest Information Update: 19 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator NitroMed
- Class Plasminogen activator enzymes
- Mechanism of Action Fibrinolytic agents; Nitric oxide donors; Plasminogen activator stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Coronary artery restenosis; Myocardial infarction
Most Recent Events
- 06 Mar 2008 NitroMed's nitric oxide-enhancing technologies are available for licensing
- 28 Sep 1999 Preclinical development for Coronary artery restenosis in USA (Parenteral)
- 28 Sep 1999 Preclinical development for Myocardial infarction in USA (Parenteral)