Latest Information Update: 09 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator British Biotech
- Developer British Biotech; Merck Serono
- Class Antirheumatics
- Mechanism of Action Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Periodontal disorders; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jul 2001 Discontinued-I for Rheumatoid arthritis in Europe (PO)
- 26 Jun 2001 Investigation in Periodontal disorders in Europe (PO)
- 31 Oct 2000 Serono has an option to obtain exclusive rights to BB 2827