At a glance
- Originator Essential Therapeutics [CEASED]
- Class Antibacterials; Cephalosporins
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 04 Oct 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Gram-positive infections in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Nov 1999 New profile
- 13 Nov 1999 Preclinical development for Gram-positive infections in USA (Unknown route)