At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antibacterials; Coumarins
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gram-positive infections
Most Recent Events
- 29 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma
- 18 Oct 1999 New profile
- 18 Oct 1999 Preclinical development for Gram-positive infections in France (Unknown route)