KP 496Alternative Names: KP-496; KP-496DPI; KP-496NS; S-36496
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Originator Kaken Pharmaceutical
- Class Antiasthmatics; Benzoic acids
- Mechanism of Action Leukotriene D4 receptor antagonists; Thromboxane A2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Allergic rhinitis; Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 02 Oct 2009 Kaken completes recruitment in a phase II exploratory trial in perennial Allergic rhinitis in Japan
- 03 Aug 2007 Preclinical trials in Allergic rhinitis in Japan (Intranasal)
- 03 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Asthma in Japan (Inhalation)