DeracoxibAlternative Names: SC 59046
Latest Information Update: 02 Aug 2002
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Non-opioid analgesics; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 05 Apr 2000 Monsanto has merged with Pharmacia & Upjohn to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 11 Oct 1999 Preclinical development for Pain in USA (PO)
- 11 Oct 1999 Preclinical development for Inflammation in USA (PO)