Latest Information Update: 26 Jan 2015
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial sources; Pharmacia Corporation
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Chemoprevention
Most Recent Events
- 05 Apr 2000 Monsanto has merged with Pharmacia & Upjohn to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 19 Oct 1999 Preclinical development for Cancer (Prevention)/Chemoprevention in USA (Unknown route)
- 19 Oct 1999 Preclinical development for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)