At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Acyclic acids; Antihyperlipidaemics; Phenylurea compounds
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 03 Nov 1999 New profile
- 03 Nov 1999 Preclinical development for Hyperlipidaemia in USA (Unknown route)