Docosahexaenoic acid - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Cystic Fibrosis Foundation/GenzymeAlternative Names: DHA - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Cystic Fibrosis Foundation/Genzyme; Lumarel
Latest Information Update: 08 Mar 2001
At a glance
- Originator Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Docosahexaenoic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 08 Mar 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cystic fibrosis in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Nov 1999 Preclinical development for Cystic fibrosis in USA (Unknown route)