Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2009
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi-Synthelabo
- Class Smoking cessation therapies
- Mechanism of Action Monoamine oxidase B inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Smoking withdrawal
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 25 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Alzheimer's disease in Europe (unspecified route)
- 06 Dec 1999 New profile