At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Aminopyridines; Antiretrovirals; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 11 Nov 1999 New profile
- 11 Nov 1999 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)