Research programme: antimalarial compounds - WHO/Japanese antimalarial venture
Latest Information Update: 16 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; World Health Organization
- Developer Astellas Pharma; Asubio Pharma; Chugai Pharmaceutical; Daiichi Pharmaceutical; Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma; Eisai Co Ltd; Kitasato Institute; Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation; Sankyo; Shionogi; Takeda
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 18 Oct 2005 No development reported - Preclinical for Malaria in Japan (unspecified route)
- 01 Oct 2005 Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals has merged with Dainippon Pharmaceutical to form Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma
- 16 Sep 2005 Daiichi Suntory Pharma has been acquired by Daiichi Pharmaceutical