Research programme: cell-based therapeutics - MaxCyteAlternative Names: CAR therapy - MaxCyte; Chimeric Antigen Receptor T cell therapy - MaxCyte; Gene modified autologous cell therapies - Maxcyte; MaxCyte GT™
Latest Information Update: 15 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator MaxCyte
- Developer Johns Hopkins University; MaxCyte
- Class CAR-T cell therapies; Cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements; Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Lymphoma; Solid tumours
- Discontinued Metabolic disorders; Rheumatoid arthritis