Latest Information Update: 18 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator VIVUS
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists; Serotonin 4 receptor agonists; Serotonin 4 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Premature ejaculation
Most Recent Events
- 18 Sep 2006 Discontinued - Phase-II for Premature ejaculation in USA (PO)
- 15 May 2001 VIVUS has been granted a US patent for the use of serotonin-4 receptor agonists and antagonists in the treatment of premature ejaculation
- 23 Mar 2000 VIVUS has been granted a US patent for the use of serotonin-3 receptor antagonists in the treatment of premature ejaculation