At a glance
- Originator National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Developer National Institutes of Health (USA); SciClone Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules; Xanthines
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A1 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 18 Nov 1999 Preclinical development for Cystic fibrosis in USA (PO)