Research programme: nucleoside hepatitis C virus NS5B polymerase inhibitors - GenelabsAlternative Names: HCV inhibitors - Genelabs/Gilead; Nucleoside HCV NS5b polymerase inhibitors - Genelabs/Gilead
Latest Information Update: 14 Jul 2010
At a glance
- Originator Genelabs Technologies
- Class Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS 5 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 14 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hepatitis C in USA (unspecified route)
- 07 Jan 2009 Genelabs Technologies has been acquired by GlaxoSmithKline
- 24 Jun 2008 Gilead Sciences terminates its involvement in this collaboration and returns all rights to compound arising from this programme to Genelabs Technologies