Research programme: anticancer therapeutics - EpiCept CorporationAlternative Names: BCH 19746; BCH 23540; CV 2105; CV 58151; EPC 2105; EPC 58151; MX 116407; MX 2105; MX 58151
Latest Information Update: 17 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator EpiCept Corporation
- Class Nitriles
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Apoptosis stimulants; Tubulin polymerisation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Solid tumours
Most Recent Events
- 17 Mar 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Solid tumours in Canada (IV)
- 17 Mar 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (IV)
- 05 Oct 2006 EpiCept has filed an IND with the US FDA for EPC 2407 for cancer