At a glance
- Originator Medical Research Council; Novartis; RiboTargets
- Class Antivirals; Oligopeptides
- Mechanism of Action Human immunodeficiency virus tat gene product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 25 Nov 1999 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in Switzerland (Unknown route)