Latest Information Update: 25 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action G protein-coupled receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in Japan (unspecified route)
- 24 Apr 2002 Preclinical trials in Obesity in Japan (unspecified)
- 31 Jan 2001 AR 18F112 has been licensed to Taisho Pharmaceutical worldwide