Research programme: diabetes therapy - MIGENIXAlternative Names: MITO 2915; MITO 3384; MITO 4837
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2005
At a glance
- Originator MIGENIX
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Mitochondrial protein stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 25 May 2005 No development reported - Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 28 Sep 2004 Micrologix Biotech is now called MIGENIX
- 06 Sep 2004 MitoKor has been acquired and merged into Micrologix Biotech