PumafentrineAlternative Names: BY 343
Latest Information Update: 23 Jan 2003
At a glance
- Originator ALTANA Pharma
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antipsoriatics; Naphthyridines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type 3 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors; Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease; Psoriasis
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2003 Discontinued - Phase-I for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA (PO)
- 23 Jan 2003 Discontinued - Phase-I for Asthma in European Union (PO)
- 23 Jan 2003 Discontinued - Phase-II for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in European Union (PO)