CS 502Alternative Names: CS-502
Latest Information Update: 12 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Class Analgesics; Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation; Pain
Most Recent Events
- 03 Apr 2006 Daiichi Pharmaceutical has merged with Sankyo to form Daiichi Sankyo Inc
- 25 May 2004 Phase-II clinical trials in Pain in USA (PO)
- 25 May 2004 Phase-II clinical trials in Inflammation in USA (PO)