LidorestatAlternative Names: EML 676; IDD 676; lindolrestat; lindorestat
Latest Information Update: 26 Oct 2005
At a glance
- Originator Institute for Diabetes Discovery LLC
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Indoleacetic acids; Small molecules; Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Clinical Phase Unknown Diabetic neuropathies
Most Recent Events
- 28 Sep 2005 A preclinical study has been added to the pharmacokinetics and Diabetes pharmacodynamics sections
- 31 Aug 2005 The Institute for Diabetes Discovery and Alinea Pharmaceuticals have entered into an agreement to co-develop lidorestat for diabetic complications
- 20 Sep 2004 This compound is still in active development