Latest Information Update: 08 Apr 2003
At a glance
- Originator Idenix Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 May 2003 Novartis Pharma AG has acquired a majority equity interest in Idenix
- 08 Apr 2003 No development reported - Phase-I for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 12 Jun 2002 Novirio Pharmaceuticals is now called Idenix Pharmaceuticals