Research programme: iron chelators - MetaPhore
Latest Information Update: 27 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator MetaPhore Pharmaceuticals
- Class Iron compounds
- Mechanism of Action Chelating agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Iron overload
Most Recent Events
- 02 Apr 2008 ActivBiotics sells its intellectual property assets including drug product candidates
- 29 Dec 1999 New profile
- 29 Dec 1999 Preclinical development for Iron overload in USA (Unknown route)