Pertussis acellular vaccine - GlaxoSmithKline
Latest Information Update: 28 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Bacterial vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pertussis
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 24 Oct 2000 PowderJect Pharmaceuticals has acquired Medeva's vaccines business from Celltech and renamed it as Evans Vaccines
- 02 Feb 2000 Medeva has been merged into Celltech Chiroscience, which is now called Celltech Group