At a glance
- Originator NPS Pharmaceuticals
- Class Alkanes; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action NMDA receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 22 Nov 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)
- 06 Jan 2000 New profile
- 06 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)