Research programme: cholesterol transport modulators - Gilead SciencesAlternative Names: CVT-10176; CVT-11130
Latest Information Update: 15 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator CV Therapeutics
- Developer Gilead Sciences
- Mechanism of Action Apolipoprotein A I stimulants; ATP binding cassette transporter 1 stimulants; Liver X receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Atherosclerosis; Tangier disease
Most Recent Events
- 17 Apr 2009 CV Therapeutics has been acquired and merged into Gilead Sciences
- 15 Jun 2007 This programme is still in active development
- 06 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Atherosclerosis in USA (Unknown route)