At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists; Osteogenesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 05 Nov 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (PO)
- 18 Apr 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Mar 2001 Phase-I clinical trials for Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (PO)