Research programme: Alzheimer's disease therapeutics - AmgenAlternative Names: AMG-0683; CMP 015
Latest Information Update: 02 Sep 2010
At a glance
- Originator Amgen
- Class Amides; Aminoquinolines
- Mechanism of Action BACE1 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2010 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data in Alzheimer's disease presented at the 240th American Chemical Society National Meeting (240th-ACS-2010)
- 21 Oct 2009 Preclinical pharmacodynamics data in Alzheimer's disease presented at the 39th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience (SfN-2009)
- 20 Aug 2009 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)