Research programme: VEGF cardiovascular gene therapy - Collateral TherapeuticsAlternative Names: CORGENIC; GENECOR; GENEVX; MYOCOR
Latest Information Update: 02 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator Bayer Schering Pharma; Cardium Therapeutics
- Developer Cardium Therapeutics
- Class Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inducing agents; Gene transference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cardiovascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jul 2002 Schering AG has acquired Collateral Therapeutics
- 17 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Cardiovascular disorders in USA (Unknown route)