Latest Information Update: 29 Jan 2015
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants; Pyrimidines; Pyrroles
- Mechanism of Action Free radical scavengers
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neuroprotection; Unspecified
Most Recent Events
- 06 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation
- 18 Jan 2000 New profile
- 18 Jan 2000 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)