Research programme: osteoporosis therapy - Wyeth/Oscient Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator Creighton University; Oscient Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Oscient Pharmaceuticals; Wyeth
- Mechanism of Action Osteogenesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Oct 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 May 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Apr 2004 Genome Therapeutics is now called Oscient Pharmaceuticals