Tadekinig alfaAlternative Names: IL-18 binding protein; IL-18bp; Interleukin-18 binding protein - Serono; r-IL-18 bp; Tadekinig-α
Latest Information Update: 08 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Yeda Research and Development Company Ltd
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Interleukin 18 inhibitors; Th1 cell stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Autoimmune disorders
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jan 2007 Serono is now called Merck Serono
- 05 Jan 2007 Serono has been acquired by Merck KGaA
- 27 Jan 2005 Discontinued - Phase-I for Psoriatic arthritis in Europe (unspecified route)